What is Acne?
Acne is a skin condition that gives the appearance of bumpy, uneven skin, whiteheads, and red spots across the face, neck, shoulders, and back.
Causes of acne:
- a lowered immune system- around period time or after using antibiotics
- gut microbiome imbalance
- stress from work or home
- Teens skin produce to much “glue” ( called keratin) resulting in a buildup of dead skin cells.
- Bacteria getting trapped in the pores love that warm, moist, oxigen- free environment and starts to multiply, creating the red spots
Now, it’s very important not to exfoliate the skin , because it can create more damage.
If acne is not treated properly, by a skin specialist, like Corina, who has experience working with acne, skin will be left with pothole scars, which are permanent!
Acne is on the increased is most often associated with teenage skin, but it affects women of any age.
Acne isn’t just an uncomfortable skin condition to have – it can really impact on a person’s natural beauty and confidence.
Many teenagers and women found that prescribed long term antibiotics don’t always work!
Tips for Dealing with Acne
Don’t dispare, there are a few things you can do to help stop your acne from spreading:
- Book an Online Holistic Skin Consultation !
- Avoid touching your face and picking on your spots!
- As tempting as it is, it’s best to avoid using exfoliants, as this can spread the infection
- Avoid products that contain soap or alcohol, as these actually stimulate oil production
- Avoid using cotton towels- use disposal tissues to dry the skin.
- Keep your hair off your face as much as possible